December 5, 2022
Hey hey hey #GoodOnes,
Who else is ready for 2023? Pantone has already declared the color for 2023 as Viva Magenta. Powerful and empowering. Sign me up! “An animated red that revels in pure joy, encouraging experimentation and self-expression without restraint, an electrifying, and a boundless shade that is manifesting as a stand-out statement,” that’s how Pantone describes it. They had me at ‘joy’.
Joy. That is our aim, to share glimpses into our everyday lives, rich with family, poodles, and southern cooking. Our daily posts reflect the joys and struggles of life with a medically complex and adult family member.
I’ve shared previously how much this online community has helped Jessica grow and connect. “Telling the camera,” has helped Jessica with her communication and this year she has really understood vlogging as her calling. It has allowed her to shine; combining her interest in people and her natural charisma. We continue to be grateful for all of you.
We’ve been looking forward to sharing vlogmas with you again this year. Vlogmas is an annual challenge for YouTube creators to post every day in December leading up to Christmas. You’ll find our longer videos on YouTube while we continue to share also on Instagram and Facebook.
As we wrap 2022, here are some of my YouTube favorites from the past year:
- Things we thought Jess would never do, was one of the videos we shared in January.
- BadDaddy and Jess played a special card game, “Match”, in February.
- For March check out this Q&A where I answer when did Jess start talking
- We looked after various health matters in April, including an EEG for Jess.
- May 9 was moving day. It was a lot of work and a big adjustment for all of us, but a consolidation of households with BadDaddy was the right interim move for our family.
- Visiting with friends was on the agenda in June and we visited a nearby attraction, Rock City. The trail was challenging, but Jessica managed with the help of her cane.
- In July I made a video about why I started blogging
- Jessica made her video directing debut in August and this video was Jessica’s idea from concept to execution.
- More cooking was on the agenda with this homemade lasagna in September
- In October Jess wanted to make a video about her coloring books and show how she identifies and colors the pages.
- We hosted Thanksgiving this November. With this video we invited you to join us on a shopping trip as we stocked up on all the Thanksgiving goodies.
- December is bringing vlogmas and it’s too soon to pick a favorite, but Day 1 is a good place to start.
As the year comes to a close, we wish you all the best of the season and look forward to connecting with you in the comments and on our livestreams.
With gratitude, Val.
PS for those interested in a quick refresher on what we are all about, we hope you enjoy this short bideo.
Hi Val and family,
I wanted to ask if y’all got rid of the paid Instagram group? I’ve been a crispy for a while now. I searched for it and can’t seem to find it. Have a very merry Christmas and plentiful New Year🥰🥰🥰
Hi Heather. We did end Club Crispy a few months ago for a multitude of reasons. Our hope is to restart it sometime this year. We thank you for your care and interest. ❤️