THE OFFICIAL NEWSLETTER FOR AUTISTIC INTERPRETATIONS®
Welcome! I am Val, founder of Autistic Interpretations® , a social media community that spans a blog, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. In our daily posts we share and celebrate a joyful life of the everyday experiences with my autistic blind adult daughter and the strong loving village that surrounds us.
Welcome to February! We are excited to debut our new feature of “22 in ‘22” in this newsletter. But first, let’s talk about January.
Disneyworld is our happy place and there is never any shortage of laughs, yummy food, and walking! This trip was no exception and if you’re looking for a quick highlight recap, this YouTube bideo is for you! We reviewed Epcot’s Tutto Italia with an installment of What’s the Deal? And of course we enjoyed lots of rides including this exciting ride on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Our trip included a valuable reminder that sometimes exasperation is best turned into a giggle.
Fun and games were also on the agenda with this fun board game, playing fetch with Zoe, and reading coloring books. Also a recurring agenda item… food! In January Marlow and Jess baked pumpkin bread, Hannah made a delicious apple crumble, and I made a big Saturday breakfast with a new biscuit recipe.
It wasn’t all fun and games. Hannah’s poodle puppy Daryl got into some sock trouble, which gave us all a scare. I also shared a little about a hard morning, and it likely isn’t what some would have thought. A small change in plans with a dear friend gave Jessica a chance to give a glimpse into her anxiety. We are so proud of her for continuing to learn and grow.
We appreciate our #goodonesfam as we share a bit about our lives and we try and keep a mix of laughs and learnings. Our Q&A in January covered topics like our daily schedule, what we’re looking forward to in 2022, things we never thought Jess would learn to do, and this fun lightning round Q&A with Hannah and me.
22 in ’22
In this monthly feature, we invite you to get to know the special #goodones in our strong loving village. Our inaugural #goodone feature is Marlow. Marlow is a beloved honorary member of the family. She’s more than a paid caregiver to Jessica, she’s Hannah’s best friend, and just a great person with a bubbly personality, a terrific voice, and an infectious laugh. Now, let’s get to know Marlow a little better!
- Fave song or musician – Taylor Swift, Harry Styles and song currently on repeat is called Numb Little Bug by Em Beihold -just heard it for the first time yesterday.
- Fave show/movie/book – fav show currently is Schitts Creek. Movie -E.T. Book… I really enjoyed reading The King Killer Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss
- Fave thing about J – I love when she sings with me and when she has her manic laugh… or when she says *yes* in her evil voice hahahaha
- Fave quote or saying – that’s just the way the cookie crumbles 😊
- One thing you’ve learned about autism – how different it can be for each person it affects.
- Best advice – always try to see things from a different perspective. We could all do better with a little more understanding.
- Best vacation – Panama City Beach in 2013, I think.
- Fave animal – giraffe
- Gadget you can’t live without – my head massager, or my hands free dog leash — and my phone, of course!
- Dream job – flight attendant
- Water or unfiltered apple juice? -water
- Go to emoji – 😬 😂 🙃 -in that order
- Any hidden talent? – I know all the words to We Didn’t Start the Fire by Billy Joel
- Fave breakfast food – biscuits and gravy
- Fave recipe from Nonnie’s cookbook – favorite that I’ve made is probably chicken spaghetti. Most intriguing is definitely vinegar pie lol
- Fave Disney character – Goofy – that laugh 😆
- Fave Jess saying – *fake crying* they just don’t need it
- Fave social media platform – probably…tiktok is what I waste most of my time on… but I really get a lot of use out of snap and insta
- Nickname – Marbie, Marlio, LG (little girl), Marloca, Marlow-low-low-low, Marsh-Marlow
- Last person you texted – Jessica
- Do you have any pets? – yes, my 2 little boys ♡ Senior black cat, Rhaegar. Baby poodle pup, Benny
- What did you have for supper last night? – chili with hotdogs, cheese and crackers
Thank you Marlow for sharing a little bit about yourself! If you want to keep up with Marlow, give her a follow at @MarlowPartin on Instagram.
February Fun Facts
We all know February is the shortest month, but did you know at one point it was even shorter with 23 days? Originally the Roman calendar had only 10 months (and excluded January and February). In 713 B.C., February was officially added to the Roman calendar and we have Julius Caesar to thank for declaring February to have 28 (and 29 in leap years) days!
February is also known as American Heart Month, International Friendship Month, and National Grapefruit Month.
For your Calendars
- FEB 01 – Groundhog Day
- FEB 03 – Hannah’s birthday
- FEB 05 – National Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day
- FEB 09 – National Pizza Day
- FEB 14 – Valentine’s Day
- FEB 20 – National Love your Pet Day
- FEB 21 – Presidents’ Day
- FEB 22 – it’s a Two-sday 🤯
- FEB 28 – Rare Disease Day
THANKS & FAQ
Thanks from the bottom of our hearts for following along in our journey! We enjoy sharing our joyful life with you all, and love knowing all of the various ways our story and videos help others.
If you like what we are doing at Autistic Interpretations® and would like to help us continue to make videos, please check out https://autisticinterpretations.com/join-club-crispy/.