THE OFFICIAL NEWSLETTER FOR AUTISTIC INTERPRETATIONS®
Welcome! I am Val, founder of Autistic Interpretations®, a social media community that spans a blog, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. In our daily posts we share and celebrate a joyful life of the everyday experiences with my autistic blind adult daughter and the strong loving village that surrounds us.
Welcome to July! For this edition of our newsletter we are featuring a mystery good one. And to celebrate a good puzzle, we are embracing uncertainty with a bit of an experimental style as we look back on June.
I am relieved to report that June is finally behind us and my house even sold in less than a week. It truly is the start of a new chapter but I am most looking forward to settling back in to old routines. Routines like this video of the ____ or this one showcasing some of Jessica’s ____.
We very much enjoyed our visit with Agustina and were of course sad to see her go. Our dear friend Lory also joined us for a couple of days. We enjoyed many laughs and of course food! Before Agustina left for Uruguay she taste tested various tasty treats. To find out her favorite, watch Picking Favorite Little Debbies.
Speaking of food, we recorded two ’What’s the Deal’ bideos: one for The Big _____ in Chattanooga and one for Hannah’s favorite restaurant _____’s Roadhouse. With the move behind us, we are looking forward to creating some more cooking content. In June we posted a family favorite recipe: _____ with vegetables.
During an outing to nearby attraction, Rock City, Jessica spontaneously declared ”I thought this would be fun”. That’s Jessica’s way of expressing she is having a good time. The terrain was challenging, but well worth it. In the bideo you will see Jess using her _____. For a reminder on what Jessica can see, check out my blog post on the Mystery of Jessica’s Cortical Vision Impairment from several years ago.
Marlow’s grandmother, Mama Jo, is always a #goodonefamily favorite and the June bideos were full of giggles, including this one where Jessica explains her happy sounds. A June highlight for Jess was finally meeting Marlow’s mom, ____. Jessica very much enjoys visiting with people and we so appreciate the strong loving village that surrounds us. We continue to be amazed at Jessica’s growth as testimony that progress never stops. Take a look at this old bideo from 2017 when Jessica was just learning how to use _____.
22 in ’22
In this monthly feature, we invite you to get to know the special #goodones in our strong loving village. Our special guest for July is a force of encouragement behind the scenes and I’m glad to count her among my friends. Read on to learn a little more about this special #goodone. You just might recognize her.
- Fave song or musician – Lean on Me, by Avi Kaplan.
- Fave show/movie/book– Squid Game.
- Fave thing about J – her joy for the little things.
- One thing you’ve learned about autism – its ripple effect through families (for good mostly!).
- Best advice – In a world where you can be anything, be kind.
- Fave season – Summer.
- Best vacation – Cambodia.
- Fave animal – Elephant.
- Gadget you can’t live without – iPhone.
- Any hidden talent – I can sleep anywhere.
- Water or unfiltered apple juice? Water.
- Fave game – Bezique (card game).
- Go to emoji –💜
- Fave recipe from Nonnie’s cookbook – I was charmed by the handwritten tea instructions (by Nonnie’s grandfather).
- Fave breakfast food – Raisin Bran with Greek yoghurt.
- Last person you texted – my brother.
- Fave Jess saying – yep, yep, yep.
- Fave Disney character – Eeyore.
- Fave social media platform – Instagram.
- Fave dessert – Tiramisu.
- Do you have any pets? 2 dogs, 2 bunnies, and a snail.
- What did you have for supper last night? Greek salad with chicken.
July Fun Facts
When the month we now know as July was originally part of the 10-month Roman calendar, it was known as ’Quintilis’. It got its original name from the Latin word for fifth. It was the fifth month of the year until January and February were added in 450 BC. Later the name was changed to Julius in honor of Julius Caesar who was born in July.
Despite July being the first month in the second half of the year, July 1st is not actually the middle of the year. In a regular non-leap year like this year, the midpoint is actually on July 2nd at 1 pm.
July has a particularly delicious flavor: National Ice-Cream Month, Lasagna Awareness Month, National Blueberry Month, National Watermelon Month, and National Pickle Month, to name a few of the food themes for July!
For Your Calendars
- July 1 – Canada Day
- July 4 – Independence Day
- July 6 – National Fried Chicken Day
- July 7 – World Chocolate Day
- July 11 – Cheer up the Lonely Day
- July 11 – National Swimming Pool Day
- July 17 – World Emoji Day
- July 20 – National Fortune Cookie Day
- July 21 – National Junk Food Day
- July 22 – World Brain Day
- July 24 – National Cousins Day
- July 26 – National All or Nothing Day
- July 30 – International Friendship Day
Thanks & FAQ
Thanks from the bottom of our hearts for following along in our journey! We enjoy sharing our joyful life with you all, and love knowing all of the various ways our story and videos help others.