THE OFFICIAL NEWSLETTER FOR AUTISTIC INTERPRETATIONS®
Welcome! I am Val, founder of Autistic Interpretations®, a social media community that spans a blog, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. In our daily posts we share and celebrate a joyful life of the everyday experiences with my autistic blind adult daughter and the strong loving village that surrounds us.
What in the world?! How is it June? It’s June! In this edition of our monthly newsletter you’ll find a “22 in ‘22” with our friend Agustina. For things that made us say ‘hi!’, things that made us say ‘whoaaaa’, and things that made us say ‘oomph’ in May, read on.
As we announced at the end of April, after a lot of debate and discussion, we decided to consolidate households with BadDaddy. It became real, really fast, as we set an ambitious goal to move May 9. Jess moved first and has done very well with the move. She was definitely ready for me to join though. We are moved, but not done. We are getting my house ready for hopefully a quick sale. And while you may have heard Jess dreaming of moving to Florida, I can assure you that another move in the near future is the furthest thing from my mind! Most importantly to Jessica, the ‘inbove’ pool is open and that definitely made my Bessie happy!
May was not all hard work, we have been looking forward to welcoming our sweet family friend Agustina for many many months. Agustina comes from far far far away Uruguay. She is staying with us for about a month. Nonnie, Granddad, my sister Alison, her son Graeme, and all the rest of us, including of course Jess, have really enjoyed her cheerful and bubbly company. Food is always a priority and we held a cookout in honor of Agustina and also have made sure that she tries some of our favorites like Biscuits and Gravy and some of our favorite treats. You can read more about Agus in our 22 in ’22 feature below.
May has been a social month for us, in the “things that made us say ‘hi!'” category, we met up with another online friend, Crispy Kelly, for lunch. We very much enjoy meeting with our #goodonesfam and hope to do more of that in the future. And speaking of online friends, Kate Swenson of Finding Cooper’s Voice and I had a great conversation about her terrific book, Forever Boy.
Our happy place, Disney World was another May highlight. It was an all-girls trip of Jess, Hannah, Agustina, and me. And proving that May really was our most social month in recent memory, we also met up briefly with our friend, Crispy Amy. Of course we had lots of fun on rides (Everest, Kali River Rapids, and Jessica’s favorite Big Thunder Mountain Railroad) , enjoyed the sites, cooled down in the pool, and a What’s the Deal at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant. If you are looking for the short version of Disney, I recommend this wrap-up reel, and if you just can’t get enough, check out my Do Stuff, Go Places account on Instagram!
22 in ’22
In this monthly feature, we invite you to get to know the special #goodones in our strong loving village. By popular request, let’s get to know Agustina a little more. We met Agustina through Autistic Interpretations and our friendship is a great example of the genuine connections in our community. Over the years, Agustina has formed a strong bond with several in our family as well as in the tight knit Crispy family. A fun fact about Agustina is that she is the creative force behind some of our graphic designs in bideos and on t-shirts.
- Fave song or musician – Little Big Town
- Fave show/movie/book – Outlander
- Fave thing about J – The way she can take care of people and make them feel happy. She is real.
- Fave quote or saying – If I fell, it’s because I was walking. And walking is worth its, even if you fall.
- Best advice – Be patient
- Fave season – Spring
- Best vacation – This one!
- Fave animal – Horse
- Gadget you can’t live without – Cell Phone
- Dream job – Working behind the scenes in a TV series.
- Water or unfiltered apple juice? Unfiltered Apple Juice
- Fave game – Catan
- Go to emoji – 🥰
- Any hidden talent? I don’t!
- Fave breakfast food – Peanut butter & Banana sandwich
- Fave dessert – Diamalta (It’s a cake)
- Fave recipe from Nonnie’s cookbook – We are going to try making Nonnie’s coconut pound cake and I think it will be my favorite.
- Fave Disney character – Pocohontas
- Fave Jess saying – You just don’t need it!
- Last person you texted – A Friend
- Do you have any pets? A dog named Gala
- What did you have for supper last night? Fried Cheese and Bacon Burger, Fries, and a Strawberry Groupie to drink (kind of like a margarita).
June Fun Facts
Did you know that no other month will start on the same weekday as June? So, for 2022, no other month will start on Wednesday.
Historically speaking, it was on the 17th of June in 1885, that the French gift to the United States “The Statue of Liberty” arrived in New York City aboard the French ship Isere. And, for the Disney fans, on June 9 1934 Donald Duck made his first film appearance in “The Wise Little Hen”, a short by Walt Disney.
In addition to being Pride Month, June is also Accordion Awareness Month, as well as Candy Month, Dairy Month, and Papaya Month.
For Your Calendars
- June 1 – Say Something Nice Day
- June 3 – National Donut Day
- June 4 – Audacity to Hope Day
- June 8 – National Best Friends Day
- June 10 – National Iced Tea Day
- June 12 – National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
- June 13 – National Sewing Machine Day
- June 16 – National Career Nurse Assistants Day
- June 18 – National Picnic Day
- June 19 – Father’s Day
- June 20 – National Take Your Cat to Work Day
- June 21 – Summer Solstice
- June 23 – National Pink Day
- June 24 – Swim a Lap Day
- June 27 – National Sunglasses Day
- June 29 – National Camera Day
- June 30 – World Social Media Day
Thanks & FAQ
Thanks from the bottom of our hearts for following along in our journey! We enjoy sharing our joyful life with you all, and love knowing all of the various ways our story and videos help others.